Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inclining Experiment

So, today is my 21st birthday! Now on a completely unrelated topic, this is a brief post about the inclining experiment M Ship Co. performed onthe recently designed Dive Support Boat for the US Navy.

Yesterday I saw 0430 for the first time in ages, as I had to catch the 0515 trolley to downtown. After batting my eyelashes at the security guard of the building I was able to get up to the office to meet my boss  and gather some essential items we needed for the  experiement before heading to Marine Group Boat works in Chula Vista.



The entire day was so much fun. From taking measurements and pictures to attempting to move extremely heavy drums of water, I had a pretty fun day; plus, which I suppose was the point of me helping with the experiment, I learned quite a bit about the process of performing an inclining experiment and about the post-test calculations and analysis

Also, despite the clouds it was an absolutely beautiful day. It was well worth the early morning date with 0430!




No comments:

Post a Comment